So here is an update of my trash I’ve produced since the beginning of this year:
- Gillette Disposable razor
- Clothing tags
- Plastic packaging and plumbing tape from a towel rack shelf I installed in the bathroom
- A plastic bag from a gift I received from a friend who traveled to Taiwan and brought back Oolong Tea.
- Hair ties after the rubber structure broke (I’m still trying to figure out how to contain my hair during workouts so I don’t have to use these)
- Fruit Stickers, which was my lack of paying attention to the fruit I bought and brought home.
- Dental floss due to the fact that I have round shaped teeth and I have to use dental floss in order to get to the food between the crevasses of my teeth. I wish I didn’t have to, but I have no choice.
- Elastic trim sewn into fabric, from making produce bags out of old linen sheets. These pieces are the elastic edges from the fitted sheets, which started to crumbled due to the age of the elastic. These elastic edges were so dry that the interior rubber material started to crumble and became a powder.
- Plastic seal, from a Vitamin E facial serum that I used.
- Plastic electrical prong covers from two power strips I had purchased.
I should be doing better but I was making a lot of small projects earlier on this year. I kept all of my extra fabric and thread from when I made a bunch of my cloth produce bags so I plan to reuse those materials in the future. Hopefully I’ll be able to produce less trash next year at this time. I’ll have an update of my trash collection in a few months and we’ll see where this pile ends up.