So my list of “Items That I no Longer Buy” continues onto the kitchen area. This list will include items I stopped buying for the sink area, cooking and dining area. As well as a short list of items I no longer buy for grocery shopping as well as the refrigerator.
For the kitchen items, switching over to reusable items really cut down time for shopping and running errands. I didn’t have to constantly keep track of what I was running out of or running low on. Plus, looking for sales wasn’t as stressful as before. Since I shop so little now, I actually tend to only look for a sale once, and just stock up on the bulk item in my glass container. The products that I do stock up on now, will last me for a much longer period of time.
It’s interesting when I do go shopping for bulk kitchen items such as soap, vinegar or baking soda, because I know exactly where the items are located in the stores, but I’ll walk around thinking that I’m forgetting an item (also because my basket will ultimately have a total of 4 items in it). When in the end, the total number of items I need is just the four…. for the next 5 months, because that’s how long it lasts. It’s great. You should try it!
- Dishwashing Soap ———————–> Bulk Dr. Bronner’s Liquid soap
- Plastic Dish Rack ————————> In-sink Metal Dish Rack
- Paper Towels —————————> Fabric Kitchen Towels
- Kitchen Cleaning Spray ——————-> Vinegar & Baking Soda Mix
- Dish Cleaning Sponges ——————-> Alternative Dish Scrub (How to make these will be posted on 11/15/2016)
- Plastic cutting Board —————-> Wooden cutting board
- Plastic Kitchen Tools —————-> Metal/Wooden Kitchen Tools
- Non-Stick Kitchen Pans ————-> Stainless Steel Kitchen Cookware Set/Cast Iron Pans
- Plastic Water bottles ———————> Reusable water Bottles
- Plastic Straws —————————> Metal Reuseable Straws
- Coffee Filters —————————> French Press
- Plastic Utensils ————————-> Silverware
- Paper Plates —————————->Dishware
- Plastic Bags ————————–> Reusable grocery bags
- Plastic Produce Bags ——————-> Fabric Produce bags (DIY Produce Bags)
- Plastic Ice Cube Tray ——————-> Metal Ice cube tray
- Plastic Tupperware ——————–> Glass Tupperware